- Science: International R&D collaborations are on the rise; countries are partnering to build big facilities.
- Industry: Companies are increasingly multinational; US companies are moving R&D facilities offshore.
- Education: The US competes for the world's best talent; it needs to attract and retain first-rate students and scientists.
- Policy: National S&T policies are affected by global events; federal R&D funding influences US participation in international large-scale collaborations.
Canadian-American-Mexican Graduate Student Physics Conference (CAM2017)
CAM is a scientific conference and networking opportunity for physics graduate students from the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. The conference provides students with unique opportunities to build an international network, showcase their research, and develop key professional skills. CAM2017 will be held in Washington, D.C., August 17-19.
Women in Physics (WiP) Group Grants: Proposals Welcomed from WiP Groups Abroad
APS invites women in physics groups at colleges and universties in the U.S. and abroad to submit proposals for grants to improve recruitment and retention of undergraduate women in physics. Deadline: October 14, 2017
- U.S. Visa Information
- Global Updates from APS News
- Committee on International Scientific Affairs
- Committee on International Freedom of Scientists
- Forum on International Physics
- Contact International Affairs
Reciprocal Member Societies
Reciprocal societies are national physical societies that have signed an agreement with APS to exchange certain membership privileges. APS members may take advantage of the following benefits from reciprocal societies:
- Submit papers to reciprocal society meetings with the same privileges as the reciprocal society members
- Register at reciprocal society meetings at member rates
- Subscribe to reciprocal society publications at member rates.
Imprisoned Iranian Physics Graduate Released After 5 Years in Jail
Omid Kokabee — an APS member and physics graduate student — has been released on parole.
Read more about Omid Kokabee