The October 2017 issue of APS News is now available online.
- 2017 APS Division of Particles and Fields Meeting: Researchers report on neutrino CP violation, neutrino scattering, and the Dark Energy Survey
- Forging New Connections: The “Physics Next” workshop brings together quantum field theory and condensed matter physics
- Virgo & LIGO: Joint Detection of Gravitational Waves: With data from a third detector, researchers can better localize source of waves
- Helping Hand or Hubris? Researchers debate whether global injection of aerosols can control global warming
- ICARUS Arrives at Fermilab: Giant detector will be used in the next generation of neutrino experiments
- LeRoy Apker Awards: Honoring Exceptional Undergraduate Research: Finalists Show Research Flair at the 2017 Selection Meeting
Plus, a Back Page article by Cherry Murray